Pages

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Birding in my Grandparents' House, Near Dubai (mostly silhouettes!)

2nd-16th April 2017
These photos were taken within the time that I was in Dubai, United Arab Emirates mostly at my Grandparents' house (Sorry that the birds are silhouettes. I was taking the pictures from a bedroom window at 9 am in 35 degree heat!).
 A Collared Dove perches outside a neighbour's garden

 A House Crow sits in a garden tree

 A silhouette of my first Arabian Babbler  

 Two Common Mynas in the same spot as the Collared Dove

 My first Red-vented Bulbul in the SAME SPOT as the Dove and the Mynas!

 Two strangely- named Laughing Doves find a comfortable perch in the misty morning 

I also saw House sparrows, Red-wattled Lapwings, Indian Silverbills, Ring-necked Parakeets and of course, Town Pigeons during my trip.