Pages

Thursday 16 November 2017

Pied Wagtail at Pinner Station

16th November 2017
Train stations may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are surprisingly amazing for birding. At various stations, I have seen Red Kites, Buzzards, Herons and many songbird (passerine) species. Today, my attention was focused on an adult Pied Wagtail, a subspecies of White Wagtail endemic to Britain. Pied Wagtails co exist harmoniously with humans, and this one let me stand a few centimetres away from it, allowing me to take decent shots: 

The Wagtail stands on the edge of the platform

About to fly away from the train!

I would like anyone reading this to comment on what interesting birds and wildlife they have seen at train stations. In my opinion, they provide a home for many animals, whether they are in cities or in the countryside.




No comments:

Post a Comment