Pages

Friday 31 August 2018

Trip to Richmond Park

29th August 2018
Today I had a peaceful walk around one of London's largest green spaces, Richmond Park, armed with my new Nikon D3400. After lunch, I walked through a Skylark-protection field, on my way to the Pen Ponds. Unfortunately, I didn't see any Skylarks- that would have been a lifer!

Jackdaw

Kestrel

Record shot of a Kestrel chasing a Jackdaw

Mallard chicks

Female Mandarin

Great Crested Grebe

From the Pen Ponds, I walked to a nearby stream, where the famous herds of Red Deer were feeding.

A juvenile Common Frog!

Red Deer

Red Deer grazing

Stag feeding

I then headed up King Henry's Mound, a viewpoint I'd been wanting to see for ages! From the viewpoint, you can clearly see St Paul's Cathedral, as it is one of many protected 'sightlines of St Paul's' in London, which are protected, undisturbed views of the Cathedral. As there was a huge crowd, it was very difficult to get a clear shot!

A very faint view of St Paul's

A much better shot on my brother's Coolpix L340

I'd definitely come here again, especially to try and find a Dartford Warbler! 

No comments:

Post a Comment