Pages

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Not Just Birds in the Cotswolds

25th August 2017
in the summer, I visited the Cotswolds, an area of England near Wales. First, I went to Broadway Tower, Worcestershire, where I spotted my first wild Red Deer. There was a huge crowd watching the herd have their dinner!


A Red Doe calls to its fawn

The dominant Red Stag watches over his herd as they graze peacefully

A young stag enjoys a nutritious dinner of crushed carrots

A fawn trotting to its mother (the doe in the first picture)

26th August 2016
Today, I visited Bourton-on-the-Water, a little village situated on the River Windrush. The following photos are extras what I filmed for my channel.

A quick shot of a Buzzard flying over Stow-on-the-Wold


A local depiction of British Birds

A Black-headed Gull in winter plumage, wading in the river

 A male Mallard in eclipse plumage

Here are some links to my Cotswolds videos:

Visit to NT Broadway Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QXKFwc3xvI


River Windrush  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dod4Yc7XdTg

2 comments:

  1. Pleased to have found your blog Kaul. Lovely photographs. If you would like to see huge numbers of red deer and in an urban setting, may I recommend a visit to Brownhills/Chasewater in the West Midlands. There is a huge herd there that is gradually spreading out to the wider area. The school children attending the local schools in Brownhills see the deer on a daily basis. I can also recommend several places nearby for birdwatching including RSPB Sandwell Valley, RPSB Middleton Lakes, Chasewater, Clayhanger Marsh, Stubbers Green (particularly good in the winter for gulls) and Cannock Chase. A most rewarding weekend could be had. Good luck with your birding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda, thank you for your recommendations. I would love to see wildlife in other parts of Britain, such as the West Midlands.

    ReplyDelete