Pages

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Trespassing

25th March 2017
In spring, I decided to visit Fray's Farm Meadows, an area filled with Mayflies, Lapwing and Snipe. Instead, I didn't follow instructions and go to Denham Country Park to find the reserve, I ended up at a Hindu temple!


 
These Egyptian Geese were outside the temple

Suddenly, through trees, I saw two massive lakes, filled with reedbeds, potentially a home for Water Rails and Bitterns. I looked everywhere for an entrance, and found a gate, secluded by trees. Thinking this was Fray's Farm Meadows, I opened the gate, unaware that I was trespassing onto private lakes! I didn't see many interesting birds, but here is what I did see:

A Ring-necked Parakeet, a very common sight in London

 
Tufted Ducks

Look closely: two Herring Gulls are on this lake 

I also saw Mallards, Canada Geese, Goldfinches, House Sparrows, Robins, Coots, Moorhens and Greylag Geese. The moral? Even trespassing can have good outcomes!



No comments:

Post a Comment