Pages

Friday 13 October 2017

Birding Around Greater London

This page features the wonderful bird species I find around London. despite all of the pollution, people and buildings in this city, birdlife still thrives here. From unexpected visitors in a quiet Stratford park to Terns soaring above the suburbs, London has a lot to offer! 

Whenever I get the chance, I will take my camera throughout this bustling city, photographing any bird that catches my eye. My favourite place in the whole of London to birdwatch ( which I highly recommend) is the Southbank. On that one stretch of the Thames, I have seen rarities such as Sabine's Gulls, Storm Petrels and even Sooty Shearwaters (all seen before I had a camera)!



 Herring Gull, Millennium Bridge, Southwark

Collared Dove, Pinner, Harrow

 Mute Swan, Ruislip Lido, Hillingdon

 A Common Tern soars over Ruislip, Ruislip Lido, Hillingdon

A Raven saunters round Greenwich Park, Greenwich

A juvenile Mute Swan sticks to its parents, Ruislip Lido, Hillingdon

Blue Tit, Pinner, Harrow

A family of Canada Geese hide around fallen trees, Fray's Farm Meadows, Hillingdon

A male Little Grebe forages around for food...

...while the female keeps her young warm, Wetlands Walk, Stratford, Newham

An Egyptian Goose strolls around the Southbank, Lambeth

A female Chaffinch and a Dunnock compete for food, WWT London Wetland Centre, Hammersmith and Fulham

No comments:

Post a Comment